Thrilled about your trip to Athens? Indeed, Europe is a continent of content for me too. But let’s not shift to a higher gear yer. Arguably, travelling to Europe is an expensive affair. From affording guides to buying gifts and goodies for the folks back home, your wallet gets depressed.
Therefore, you need to get hold of the best credit cards for travel. When You are planning For Europe tour, you may be stuck between two options. Capital One Quicksilver and Citibank/Costco.
You need to consider several factors in this regard. To help you make the best choice, let me take through a little ride.
Travel Credit Cards. What’s that now?
Indeed, banks offer several credit options. Also, you get credit scores depending on the purpose of your credit. Searching manically for the best credit cards for Travel that won’t charge any foreign transaction fees? First, know about the two types of credit cards.
- Travel Rewards Credit Cards: It’s not at all as complicated as it sounds. Also, these cards are equipped with several facilities.
- You get an absolutely free hotel stay, for instance.
- You also get insurance that covers your car damages.
However, there is one downside that can come up with. You need to pay an annual charge of up to $100.
But if you can afford a trip to Europe, this is somewhat okay-ish!
- Cash Back credit cards: Now this gives you a breather, right? Let’s know more about this generous card. It’s a forward deal. While you are spending your cash, you are also getting back some into your account.
Now, your choice of the card directly depends on what kind of a traveller you are. Are you an adventure trying to discover what the guides won’t tell you> Or, are you just looking for a short but expensive getaway? In either case, this blog helps you understand your needs.
Top Credit Card to Europe
You will be impressed by the facilities provided by the following two card cards:
- Capital One Quicksilver
Let’s have a look at what they can make your trip merrier.
Capital One Quicksilver – A Delightful Package
While in Europe, this is your most reliable buddy.
- Say no to the foreign transaction fee Often, foreign transaction fee scares travellers. Plus, why would you want to pay anything more? You are already spending a fortune. Well, Capital One Quicksilver answers your cry for help. You don’t need to pay any foreign transaction fee in Europe and USA (in case, you are planning next year’s expedition!)
- INCREDIBLY HIGH EXCHANGE RATE You will be highly impressed with the card’s exchange value. Every time you love to travel to Rome or Amsterdam ( yes, I love travelling to death.), this facility has been helpful.
No annual fee, either
Yeah well, that’s about it. Go ahead, wash away those tears of happiness.
Excellent cash back
Indeed, you get a hefty 1.5% cash back on literally every bargain.
VISA Signature or Master Card Elite TOURING PERKS
This sounds complicated yet brings in tons of facilities. For instance, insurance on misplaced luggage and car damage.
Apart from all these, you get a 0% APR. That too, for the first fifteen months! That’s an enormous relief for frequent travellers like me.
Understandably, you are pleased. But don’t go for it yet! I don’t want you blaming me afterward. Let’s now know more about the parallel hero- Citibank/Costco.
Citibank/Costco – The Wonder Card
To begin with, Citibank/Costco intends to make all other cards obsolete. Indeed, this could be your greatest guide while trekking through Europe. It gained tremendous popularity recently in 2018
Just like Quicksilver, this is devoid of any disheartening foreign transaction fee.
THE BEST CASH-BACKS EVER!
Admittedly, the following cashback offers make your trip all the sweeter.
- 4% for gas
- 3% for travel and restaurants
- 2% for Costco purchases
- 1% on every other purchase
You will feel relieved while managing expenses in Rome. Great city, excellent credit companion.
ATTRACTIVE VISA Signature rewards
Internationally, your rental car insurance is essential. Thanks to Citibank/Costco, you are now good to go. In case you come across rental car damage, this credit card covers you. However, there is one little limitation to this otherwise perfect choice.
Unfortunately, credit cash rewards can be redeemed only at a Citibank/Costco score. Or, online. In case you are out of internet data or if you don’t find a Citi/Costco store, that is troublesome. It will be incredibly difficult availing these cash rewards.
So, who’s your new trekk-buddy?
We tried helping you out through this Article. It’s ultimately your call. It’s all about easy and quick cash rewards. Hence, Capital One Quicksilver is a go-to credit card while travelling to Europe.
Choose your Best credit cards for travel. Don’t let the credit card decide your travel story.
It’s your book, after all. Write your story without inhibitions!