Choose a Holiday!
Kiss Your Mate Day
Kiss Your Mate Day is April 28 and if you have a mate or even a significant other, you will want to make it a point to kiss him or her every chance you get. Well, maybe not too many Public Displays of Affection, but when the two of you have a reasonable amount of privacy.
We’re not sure who created this holiday, but it must be someone who likes to kiss and to be on the receiving end of kisses. Plus, kissing is healthy for relationships, according to researchers on the subject. They say that kissing is an integral part of romance and intimacy, and is the first thing that people often stop doing in a relationship. If you have stopped playing kissy face with your mate, then take advantage of this holiday to get that element re-instated in your relationship.
Do keep your kisses on this holiday limited to just one mate. After all, you do want to improve your relationship not wreck it. You can kiss your one mate as many times as you want.
Here is a special dessert from Hershey’s Kitchens you can make for your mate that is made with lots of Hershey’s kisses to reinforce the kissing message.
Chocolate and Cherries Fudge Torte
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup chilled whipping cream
- 1-3/4 cups (10-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S MINI KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
- 1 can (21 oz.) cherry pie filling, chilled
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom only of 9-inch springform pan, or line 9-inch round cake pan with foil; grease bottom of foil.
- 2 Stir together melted butter, granulated sugar and vanilla in large bowl. Add eggs; using spoon, beat well. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating with spoon until well blended. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- 3 Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until cake is set. (Cake is fudgy and will not test done.) Remove from oven; cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- 4 Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar in medium bowl until well blended. Beat cream until stiff; gradually fold into cream cheese mixture, blending well. Spread over top of torte; refrigerate several hours or until set. With knife loosen cake from side of pan; remove side of pan. (Or, lift torte out of pan, using foil; remove foil.).
- 5 Just before serving, put chocolates in 6-inch-wide heart outline in center of cake. Fill heart shape with cherries from pie filling; put chocolates all around outside edge. Serve cold, cut into wedges, with remaining pie filling. Cover; refrigerate leftover dessert. 10 to 12 servings.